Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Market

I haven't posted in a couple of days ... my sister-in-law got married Friday, so me and the Huz were in Portland. We enjoyed a fun filled Friday full of weddingness, food and a Portland Trail Blazer game.

Saturday Eric and I went to the Portland Saturday Market. The first time I ever went there was probably sometime in my teens, if not earlier. I got a ring made from a fork from the Spoonman. And yes, the Spoonman still has a booth there all these years later!

If you're ever in the Portland area on the weekend, I highly recommend taking a couple hours here. The sights, sounds and smells are stimulating enough, but then you have lots of artisans selling their handmade goods. I picked up a treat for myself .... but also one for you! Stay tuned for details on how to win a little somethin' somethin' from the infamous Saturday Market.

And now some visuals...





 Mmm, Marionberry Jam


 After I took this photo, Eric pointed out the "No Photos" sign attached - see part of it in the upper left? Oops! 



 Some of the Spoonman's newer inventions. Ouch! 





 I married such a mature guy. 


 This little Asian woman at the bag stand was quite the sales lady. She basically thrust the bag into my hands and ripped away the cash from Eric's clutches. Yes, I bought a new bag - to be shown later!




 Thanks for taking an eating photo honey, I really love those.
What does that say about our generation when Huz first sees this photo and exclaims, "Profile Pic!"

Like I said, I wasn't the only one who came away with Saturday Market treats, you might, too! Stay tuned for details on how to win a gorgeous, handmade lovely from the Market! 

No comments:

Post a Comment